Beovu Lawsuits for Vision Loss, Blindness, and Other Serious Eye Problems
In a rush? You can use our Quick Contact Form to tell us the basic information about your case.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation. In turn, Beovu lawsuits might be filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects.
Beovu eye-related side effects include:
- Vision Loss
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Intraocular Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
- Retinal Detachment
For more information about this still-developing Beovu safety issue, we suggest you view our Up-to-Date Timeline for Beovu page.
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits for patients who have suffered vision loss or blindness after their Beovu injections.
We encourage you to submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions – not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer – about your case based on his many years of experience.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
Given the serious nature and number of Beovu side effects reported to date, together with the Beovu lawsuits filed against Novartis for patients with severe vision loss, it seems fair to say that things look a bit grim for Beovu and Novartis at the start of 2021. So, what does the path forward look like for Beovu?
Let’s start with where things stand today:
To read more of this article, click below:
- Like Eylea and Lucentis, Beovu injections are used for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- However, Beovu side effects such as occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation have resulted in vision loss and blindness.
- Starting in January 2021 Beovu lawsuits have been filed for patients alleging Novartis failed to adequately warn about these serious Beovu side effects.
- Given this situation, some eye doctors are avoiding Beovu when treating their AMD patients.
A possible indication of the Novartis strategy for battling back from this less-than-ideal current posture can be found in a “Novartis Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Condensed financial report – Supplementary Data” document:
Post marketing cases termed as “intraocular inflammation.” and/or “retinal vascular occlusion” that may result in severe vision loss, typically associated with intraocular inflammation and the current COVID-19 situation had an unfavorable impact on sales. Novartis has a comprehensive plan, in strong collaboration with leading external global experts to educate the retina community about the positive benefit / risk profile of Beovu.
It seems that this Novartis plan to get Beovu back on the path of being a so-called “blockbuster” drug for Novartis in terms of sales might involve its external safety review committee (SRC). In the past, Novartis has implied that this panel of experts was set up to provide an independent review of the Beovu side effects case reports.
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits for patients who have suffered vision loss or blindness due to Beovu side effects. If we can be of assistance to you or someone else regarding a Beovu drug injury case, you can submit a Case Evaluation Form online or you can call us on our toll-free number: 800-426-9535.[Read article in full at original source]
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu: What Comes Next for This Troubled Novartis AMD Drug?
- Beovu Retinal Vasculitis Made Worse by a Later Lucentis Treatment: Case Report
- Beovu-related Retinal Vasculitis and Beovu Vision Loss Cases
- Beovu Injections Side Effects: Novartis Points Out Risk Factors and Possible Causes in November 2020 Report
- Beovu Legal Cases: Compensation for Eye Problems from Beovu Use
- Beovu-associated Endophthalmitis is “New” for Beovu Eye Drug Safety Issue of Vision Loss
- Beovu Use Continues Despite Ongoing Beovu-associated Inflammation Investigation
- Safety of Beovu Update: Study Results Announcement by Novartis and Beovu Label Change in Europe
- After Two Injections of Beovu, Retinal Vasculitis With Vision Loss
- Beovu | July 2020 | Current Findings For Occlusive Vasculitis And Vision Loss
- Beovu: External Safety Review Committee Findings Lead To New Vision-Related Side Effects Warnings
- New Beovu Warnings About Risks Of Retinal Vasculitis And Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Beovu Vision Loss And Retinal Vasculitis Cases May Lead To New Warnings
- Beovu Warning For Retinal Vasculitis: Is Current Drug Label Sufficient “As Is”?
- Beovu Warning: Retinal Vasculitis Which Can Lead To Blindness / Vision Loss