Beovu Lawsuits for Vision Loss, Blindness, and Other Serious Eye Problems
In a rush? You can use our Quick Contact Form to tell us the basic information about your case.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation. In turn, Beovu lawsuits might be filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects.
Beovu eye-related side effects include:
- Vision Loss
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Intraocular Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
- Retinal Detachment
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits where patients have suffered Beovu side effects.
We encourage you to submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions – not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer – about your case based on his many years of experience.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
As we start 2021, let’s look at where things currently stand with the Beovu “safety issue” — Beovu adverse drug reactions and Beovu-related eye problems — and how we got here. In the 15 months since Beovu was approved by the FDA in October 2019, there have been numerous reports of Beovu causing occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation, often leading to vision loss and blindness.
In November 2020 Novartis said that patients with prior intraocular inflammation and/or vascular occlusion in the year prior to the first injection of Beovu. See “Novartis Update on Patients Suffering from Retinal Vasculitis and/or Retinal Vascular Occlusion After Beovu Injections“.
To read more of this article, click below:
Two months earlier, in September 2020, stronger warnings about retinal vasculitis and/or retinal vascular occlusion were put in the Beovu drug label used in Europe. See “Safety of Beovu: A Lingering Issue Which Novartis Attempts to Counter with Recent Study Results“.
That happened three months after there was a Beovu label change here in the US. See “Beovu Label Change: Warnings About Possible Permanent Vision-Loss Side Effects Added In June 2020“.
It was back in April 2020 that Novartis said it would work with drug safety regulators around the world to issue revised Beovu drug labels with new warnings about Beovu vision-related side effects. See “Beovu Vision-Related Side Effects Warnings Label Change Request By Novartis: News Report“.
But only a month before that, in March 2020, Novartis had asserted that its original (and then current) Beovu drug labels in the US and Europe were already had sufficient warnings about the Beovu adverse drug reactions and Beovu-related eye problems associated with its (then) relatively new age-related macular degeneration (AMD) drug. See “Novartis Contends Beovu Safety Should Not Be In Dispute As Current Drug Label Provides Sufficient Warnings“.
And this Beovu “safety issue” all started in February 2020, when the American Society of Retinal Specialists (ASRS) issued an alert to members about 14 cases of retinal vasculitis associated with Beovu injections. See “Beovu Side Effects Include Retinal Vasculitis, Eye Inflammation: Safety Issues For Macular Degeneration Drug“.
So, what might happen in 2021 as regards these Beovu adverse drug reactions and Beovu-related eye problems? One thing we are anxiously waiting for is more information to be released by Novartis about the findings of their panel of experts who are considering this Beovu safety issue.
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits for patients who have been diagnosed with vision loss, blindness, or other serious eye problems which are Beovu side effects. Please feel free to send an email to Tom Lamb if we can be of assistance to you or someone else regarding a Beovu drug injury case. Or you can call us on our toll-free number: 800-426-9535.
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu Retinal Vasculitis Made Worse by a Later Lucentis Treatment: Case Report
- Beovu-related Retinal Vasculitis and Beovu Vision Loss Cases
- Beovu Injections Side Effects: Novartis Points Out Risk Factors and Possible Causes in November 2020 Report
- Beovu Legal Cases: Compensation for Eye Problems from Beovu Use
- Beovu-associated Endophthalmitis is “New” for Beovu Eye Drug Safety Issue of Vision Loss
- Beovu Use Continues Despite Ongoing Beovu-associated Inflammation Investigation
- Safety of Beovu Update: Study Results Announcement by Novartis and Beovu Label Change in Europe
- After Two Injections of Beovu, Retinal Vasculitis With Vision Loss
- Beovu | July 2020 | Current Findings For Occlusive Vasculitis And Vision Loss
- Beovu: External Safety Review Committee Findings Lead To New Vision-Related Side Effects Warnings
- New Beovu Warnings About Risks Of Retinal Vasculitis And Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Beovu Vision Loss And Retinal Vasculitis Cases May Lead To New Warnings
- Beovu Warning For Retinal Vasculitis: Is Current Drug Label Sufficient “As Is”?
- Beovu Warning: Retinal Vasculitis Which Can Lead To Blindness / Vision Loss