Beovu Lawsuits for Vision Loss, Blindness, and Other Serious Eye Problems
We are no longer handling these cases.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, and retinal artery occlusion, as well as several other eye problems.
Beginning in January 2021, Beovu lawsuits have been filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects in a timely manner. To date, there have been two Beovu label changes made by Novartis, the first in June 2020 and the most recent in February 2022. Each time, Novartis added information and increased safety warnings about Beovu’s side effects, such as retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, and retinal artery occlusion.
In summary, Beovu eye-related side effects that can cause vision loss and blindness include:
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
Our law firm successfully handled Beovu lawsuits for patients who suffered vision loss or blindness after their Beovu injections.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
We had been watching for a second Beovu label change since May 2021, when Novartis stopped three Beovu clinical trials for safety reasons, and, at the same time, said it would update the Beovu drug label. Finally, in February 2022, Novartis added information and increased safety warnings about various Beovu side effects, such as retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, and retinal artery occlusion. The first Beovu label change happened back in June 2020.
So that people can draw their own conclusions about what this February 2022 Beovu label change means as regards the lingering Beovu safety issues mentioned at the outset, and to be able to compare the Beovu Prescribing Information “Revised: 2/2022” document with the earlier “Revised: 6/2020” version, we direct you to this FDA webpage “Drug Safety-related Labeling Changes (SrLC) for Beovu (brolucizumab-dbll)“.
To read more of this article, click below:
There you will see the extent of revisions made to the three parts that are identified in the “Recent Major Changes” section of the new 2022 Beovu drug label:
- 5.2 Retinal Vasculitis and/or Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- 6.1 Clinical Trials Experience
- 6.2 Immunogenicity
As background, Beovu was approved by the FDA in 2019 as a treatment for neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Since then, there have been reported cases of Beovu eye-related side effects such as retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, or retinal artery occlusion leading to vision loss. We have followed these Beovu safety issues for the past two years, and we will continue to watch for further developments concerning Beovu eye-related side effects such as retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, and retinal artery occlusion.
As we have reported previously, starting in January 2021, Beovu lawsuits have been filed for patients alleging that Novartis failed to warn doctors and patients about these Beovu vision loss side effects in a timely manner. As mentioned at the outset, there was a first Beovu label change in June 2020 and, now, a second Beovu label change in February 2022.
We continue to investigate Beovu drug injury lawsuits against Novartis where there has been vision loss due to retinal vasculitis, retinal vascular occlusion, or retinal artery occlusion after patients received their Beovu injections.[Read article in full at original source]
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu Drug Label Revised December 2021 Was Issued in Europe, But Not in the US
- Beovu: Rates of Intraocular Inflammation and Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Novartis Stops 3 Beovu Clinical Trials in May 2021, Wants a Beovu Label Change
- Beovu Lawsuits are Filed As Individual Cases; 3 Reasons to Contact Us
- Beovu Side Effects and Beovu Lawsuits for Patients Complicate Future for Beovu
- Beovu: What Comes Next for This Troubled Novartis AMD Drug?
- Beovu Retinal Vasculitis Made Worse by a Later Lucentis Treatment: Case Report
- Beovu-related Retinal Vasculitis and Beovu Vision Loss Cases
- Beovu Injections Side Effects: Novartis Points Out Risk Factors and Possible Causes in November 2020 Report
- Beovu Legal Cases: Compensation for Eye Problems from Beovu Use