Beovu Lawsuits for Vision Loss, Blindness, and Other Serious Eye Problems
In a rush? You can use our Quick Contact Form to tell us the basic information about your case.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation. Beginning in January 2021, Beovu lawsuits have been filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects.
In fact, the first two of these Beovu vision loss lawsuits were for clients of our law firm.
Beovu eye-related side effects include:
- Vision Loss
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Intraocular Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
- Retinal Detachment
For more information about this still-developing Beovu safety issue, we suggest you view our Up-to-Date Timeline for Beovu page.
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits for patients who have suffered vision loss or blindness after their Beovu injections.
We encourage you to submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions – not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer – about your case based on his many years of experience.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
We want to clear up some possible confusion. If a patient has vision loss or blindness after getting Beovu injections in their eyes, this person must contact a lawyer or law firm to handle their Beovu case in order to get legal compensation for the Beovu drug injury they have suffered. That is because Beovu vision loss lawsuits are being filed as individual cases and there will not be any Beovu class actions for people who have experienced Beovu eye problems.
Here are 3 reasons why a person with a possible Beovu vision loss lawsuit might want to select our law firm for handling their Beovu lawsuit against Novartis.
To read more of this article, click below:
(1) We started investigating these Beovu eye problems soon after the American Society of Retinal Specialists (ASRS) issued a Beovu drug safety alert to its members in February 2020. In fact, our February 27, 2020 article, “Beovu Side Effects Include Retinal Vasculitis, Eye Inflammation: Safety Issues For Macular Degeneration Drug“, was one of the first articles written about these Beovu eye problems.
(2) During the past 13 months — from February 2020 to March 2021 — we have closely monitored this Beovu drug safety issue and written many more articles about the circumstances surrounding various Beovu eye injection reactions causing vision loss and blindness such as:
• Retinal Vasculitis
• Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
• Retinal Artery Occlusion
• Retinal Vascular Occlusion
(3) The first three Beovu vision loss lawsuits filed in the US were for clients of our law firm. Each of those three women had their Beovu lawsuit filed as an individual case. The basic liability allegations in those Beovu lawsuits, as well as other Beovu cases concerning Beovu eye problems, are:
- Novartis misrepresented that Beovu was a safe treatment for age-related macular degeneration; and,
- Novartis failed to warn about Beovu eye injection reactions causing vision loss and blindness.
If we can be of assistance to you or someone else regarding a possible Beovu lawsuit for vision loss or blindness due to Beovu eye injection reactions, you can submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online or you can call us on our toll-free number: 800-426-9535.
Again, we point out the important fact that these Beovu vision loss lawsuits are filed as individual cases. There will not be any Beovu class actions for Beovu eye problems. As such, people with Beovu eye injection reactions must contact a lawyer or law firm to have their Beovu lawsuit filed so they can get legal compensation from Novartis for their Beovu drug injury.
We respectfully suggest those people should contact our law firm for the 3 reasons set forth above.[Read article in full at original source]
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu Side Effects and Beovu Lawsuits for Patients Complicate Future for Beovu
- Beovu: What Comes Next for This Troubled Novartis AMD Drug?
- Beovu Retinal Vasculitis Made Worse by a Later Lucentis Treatment: Case Report
- Beovu-related Retinal Vasculitis and Beovu Vision Loss Cases
- Beovu Injections Side Effects: Novartis Points Out Risk Factors and Possible Causes in November 2020 Report
- Beovu Legal Cases: Compensation for Eye Problems from Beovu Use
- Beovu-associated Endophthalmitis is “New” for Beovu Eye Drug Safety Issue of Vision Loss
- Beovu Use Continues Despite Ongoing Beovu-associated Inflammation Investigation
- Safety of Beovu Update: Study Results Announcement by Novartis and Beovu Label Change in Europe
- After Two Injections of Beovu, Retinal Vasculitis With Vision Loss
- Beovu | July 2020 | Current Findings For Occlusive Vasculitis And Vision Loss
- Beovu: External Safety Review Committee Findings Lead To New Vision-Related Side Effects Warnings
- New Beovu Warnings About Risks Of Retinal Vasculitis And Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Beovu Vision Loss And Retinal Vasculitis Cases May Lead To New Warnings
- Beovu Warning For Retinal Vasculitis: Is Current Drug Label Sufficient “As Is”?
- Beovu Warning: Retinal Vasculitis Which Can Lead To Blindness / Vision Loss