Beovu Lawsuits for Vision Loss, Blindness, and Other Serious Eye Problems
In a rush? You can use our Quick Contact Form to tell us the basic information about your case.
Beovu, prescribed for the treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD) since 2019, has been associated with vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation. Beginning in January 2021, Beovu lawsuits have been filed against Novartis, the manufacturer of Beovu, alleging this drug company failed to adequately warn doctors and patients about these Beovu side effects.
In fact, the first two of these Beovu vision loss lawsuits were for clients of our law firm.
Beovu eye-related side effects include:
- Vision Loss
- Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Vasculitis
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Intraocular Inflammation
- Eye Inflammation
- Retinal Detachment
For more information about this still-developing Beovu safety issue, we suggest you view our Up-to-Date Timeline for Beovu page.
Our law firm is investigating possible Beovu lawsuits for patients who have suffered vision loss or blindness after their Beovu injections.
We encourage you to submit a Beovu Case Evaluation Form online – it is free, confidential, and there is no obligation. Or, if you prefer, call our toll-free number, (800) 426-9535, to speak directly to attorney Tom Lamb about a possible drug injury case. Either way, you will get Mr. Lamb’s impressions – not an intake person, a paralegal, nor some other lawyer – about your case based on his many years of experience.
Most Recent Article About Beovu
In late May 2021, the latest study data concerning Beovu safety issues resulted in Novartis stopping three key clinical trials — MERLIN, RAPTOR, and RAVEN — as well as Novartis indicating there will be another Beovu label change.
To see how Novartis is seeking to present the current status of its lingering Beovu safety issues as well as the next Beovu label change take a look at their May 28, 2021, Media Release item, “Novartis reports one year results of Phase III MERLIN study evaluating Beovu® every four week dosing and provides update on Beovu clinical program“, which includes this statement:
To read more of this article, click below:
Novartis has proactively communicated these data to health authorities and will pursue an update to the Beovu prescribing information globally.
We are watching for this forecasted Beovu label change which will, presumably, add new and updated warnings about Beovu vision loss side effects.
For a more in-depth view of this latest development as regards Beovu safety issues, we turn to this June 1, 2021, FiercePharma news report, “Novartis calls off 3 Beovu trials testing more frequent dosing on concerns of vision-threatening side effect”:
[In the MERLIN clinical trial] Beovu doubled the rate of intraocular inflammation compared with [Eylea], with 9.3% percent of patients suffering the complication in the Beovu trial arm. That compared with 4.5% for Eylea. None of the Eylea patients developed reginal vasculitis or retinal vascular occlusion, while those side effects happened in 0.8% and 2% of Beovu patients, respectively. The problem could potentially damage a person’s vision.In Merlin, the rate of vision loss from any cause was 4.8% for Beovu patients and 1.7% for Eylea patients….
The company has yet to identify the root cause behind Beovu’s safety problem.
As we have reported previously, Beovu lawsuits for our clients have been filed starting in January 2021, alleging Novartis failed to warn doctors and patients about these Beovu safety issues. Our law firm began investigating drug injury lawsuits against Novartis for Beovu back in February 2020, and we continue to accept Beovu cases that involve vision loss and blindness due to occlusive retinal vasculitis, retinal artery occlusion, and intraocular inflammation.[Read article in full at original source]
Earlier articles about Beovu by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Beovu Lawsuits are Filed As Individual Cases; 3 Reasons to Contact Us
- Beovu Side Effects and Beovu Lawsuits for Patients Complicate Future for Beovu
- Beovu: What Comes Next for This Troubled Novartis AMD Drug?
- Beovu Retinal Vasculitis Made Worse by a Later Lucentis Treatment: Case Report
- Beovu-related Retinal Vasculitis and Beovu Vision Loss Cases
- Beovu Injections Side Effects: Novartis Points Out Risk Factors and Possible Causes in November 2020 Report
- Beovu Legal Cases: Compensation for Eye Problems from Beovu Use
- Beovu-associated Endophthalmitis is “New” for Beovu Eye Drug Safety Issue of Vision Loss
- Beovu Use Continues Despite Ongoing Beovu-associated Inflammation Investigation
- Safety of Beovu Update: Study Results Announcement by Novartis and Beovu Label Change in Europe
- After Two Injections of Beovu, Retinal Vasculitis With Vision Loss
- Beovu | July 2020 | Current Findings For Occlusive Vasculitis And Vision Loss
- Beovu: External Safety Review Committee Findings Lead To New Vision-Related Side Effects Warnings
- New Beovu Warnings About Risks Of Retinal Vasculitis And Retinal Vascular Occlusion
- Beovu Vision Loss And Retinal Vasculitis Cases May Lead To New Warnings
- Beovu Warning For Retinal Vasculitis: Is Current Drug Label Sufficient “As Is”?
- Beovu Warning: Retinal Vasculitis Which Can Lead To Blindness / Vision Loss